Friday, December 18, 2009

Reflections on a Rumi Poem (3)

We are bound together.
I am the ground
You are the step.
How unfair is this Love?
I can see Your world
but You I cannot


I like this notion of being bound together with something I think of as good. I and you interplay with the thought of being bound. Being grounded is something I want to be so I relate positively to the idea of being the ground and step gives the idea of stepping up to something higher. The answer to the question could be not unfair at all or unfair. If we are bound together and You are part of me and I am part of You then it makes little sense to want something different. So the love is fair. If You and me are the same but different and judgement comes in to play then maybe there is unfairness. I sit more easily with the first interpretation and see a fair Love. If I can see Your world but You I cannot then that feels good as part of a journey to something better.

No comments:

Post a Comment